Skinny Mushroom Stroganoff
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Calories: 315
- 1 tablespoon butter (Smart Balance)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth (or beef if you’re a carnivore)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 4 oz sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 8 oz sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 4 oz Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white wine or sherry
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 oz uncooked noodles (linguine)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Cook noodles in a pot of salted water according to package directions.
Meanwhile, while the water starts to boil for the noodles, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter over medium heat and add onions to the pan. Cook 2 – 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
Add flour; stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds. Gradually add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, stirring constantly for about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
Add wine; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes.
Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds. Stir in sour cream; add noodles, mix well and garnish with parsley if desired.