Italian Meatballs & Zucchini Noodles
1 pound ground pork (I purchase mine from Lindy & Grundy in West Hollywood)
4 cups julienned zucchini (3-4 medium zucchinis)
1/2 large egg
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Fresh basil leaves, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 cup marinara sauce (I use Monsieur Marcel’s all natural herb marinara)
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2) In a large bowl, mix the garlic, dried parsley, dried basil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and egg. With your hands, add the ground pork to the mix and knead until all of the ingredients are combined.
3) Roll the pork between your palms into 1 inch thick meatballs and line up them up on the baking sheet.
4) Put the meatballs into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
5) While the meatballs are baking, julienne your zucchinis.
6) When the meatballs are done, toss the zucchini in a hot greased skillet with fresh basil, salt, pepper and the marinara sauce (4-6 minutes until cooked through).
7) Plate the zucchini noodles and top with your homemade meatballs. Enjoy!