Pan-Seared Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
2 filet mignon steaks (8-10 oz. total)
2 slices bacon
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 shallot (finely sliced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
ground black pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Add the oil, garlic and shallots to the skillet and heat until shallots are translucent (2-3 minutes).
3) Tightly wrap each fillet with 1 slice of bacon. Use the toothpicks to pin the bacon in place.
4) Salt and pepper both sides of the fillets and then add to the skillet.
5) Cook the fillets for two minutes to sear the meat. Flip the fillets and sear the other side for 1-2 minutes.
6) Immediately remove the fillets from the skillet and put them on a baking sheet (I like to scoop some of the garlic and shallots from the skillet and add them on top).
7) Place the baking sheet in the oven for 7-10 minutes (the timing can vary depending on the thickness of the steaks).
8) Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the fillets to rest for at least 2 minutes before plating them.
8) Remove the fillets from the baking sheet and remove the toothpicks. Serve immediately and enjoy!