Rise and shine! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day here in Los Angeles.
This morning, I decided to treat myself to a yummy sweet potato hash before heading to the Hollywood Farmers market where I picked up some goodies for my roasted chicken tonight 🙂
My hearty paleo breakfast had me feeling ready to take on the day, which is great, because I have about 10 loads of laundry with my name on it 😉
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 large sweet potato (diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1 scallion (diced)
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1) Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and add the sweet potato, bell peppers and garlic. Cover with a lid and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
2) Next, add the onion, scallions, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender (stir occasionally).
3) Lastly, serve and enjoy with your favorite protein. I like to mix in some sauteed chorizo and pair it with 2 fried eggs and some fruit. Delish!
Note: This hash also reheats nicely if you need a quick breakfast the next day.