BREAKFAST: Egg whites with butternut squash hash and an applegate sweet italian sausage
For breakfast today I had one of my favorite post-WOD breakfasts – a butternut squash hash. It’s super easy to make, you can prepare it the night before and it’s delicious!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 cup butternut squash (diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/4 yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Additional veggies optional
1) Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and add the squash, mushrooms and garlic. Cover with a lid and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
2) Next, add the onion, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the squash is tender (stir occasionally).
3) Lastly, serve and enjoy with your favorite protein. I like to mix in some sauteed sausage or steak and pair it with eggs whites and some fruit. Delish!
LUNCH: Mediterranean Turkey Burger with steamed broccoli and a cup of mixed berries
SNACK: Green apple with 2tbsp almond butter
Only 26 more days to go!