PALEO ROASTED STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN
I sound this dish on Pinterest and made it for a friend last night. It was easy, affordable, delicious AND it looked beautiful on the plate 😉 You can find the recipe here. I’ve also included the instructions below:
– 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 1/2 pounds altogether)
– 4 slices bacon (and bacon fat created from cooking the bacon)
– 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
– 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
– 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt (divided)
– 1/2 tsp. ground pepper (divided)
– 1/2 medium onion, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, chopped
– 4 cups fresh spinachLEMON PARSLEY OIL:
– 4 Tbsp. olive oil
– 2 tsp. lemon zest
– 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
– 1/4 tsp. sea salt
– Dash ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375F with oven rack set in the middle of the oven.
2. Cut your onions and mushrooms. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Set bacon aside and keep the bacon fat in the pan.
3. Using the same pan, add the onion, mushrooms, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, fresh thyme and rosemary and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally Next add the garlic and spinach and toss to coat. Cook for another 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Butterfly the pork tenderloins by cutting down the middle length of each one but not cutting it all of the way through, and spread the meat flat (like you are opening a book).
5. Cover the tenderloins with plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tsp. sea salt and 1/2 tsp. ground pepper on the tenderloins.
6. Spread the spinach mixture over the two tenderloins evenly and spread it to reach the sides. Crumble the bacon and add it on top of the mixture. Roll the tenderloin, starting at the narrow end, and secure with toothpicks. Place the tenderloins in a roasting pan.
7. Cook the tenderloins for 45 minutes, or until the inside reaches 145F on a meat thermometer.
8. While the tenderloins are cooking, make the lemon oil by combining all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and stirring with a spoon or whisk. Set aside.
9. When the pork is done, transfer is to a cutting board and allow to rest for about 10 minutes, lightly covered in aluminum foil. Remove the toothpicks and slice the pork rolls. Serve with the lemon sauce.